Tabs at Top of Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Celebrate Recess Card

Created this Celebrate card with a School Recess theme in mind. Used A Child's Year Cricut cartridge for the 3 1/2" Toys1 girl with Hula Hoop & shadow.

Looked up the definition of the word 'sport' and found: a source of recreation, physical activity engaged in for pleasure. So, thinking outside of the box or should I say outside as in recess my sport involves the hula hoop.


























Cricut cartridge: A Child's Year 3 1/2" Toys1 girl with hula hoop
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
marker: red Sharpie
paper:
4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Kraft cardstock
cardstock scraps - black, red & white
ribbon: Spool O' Ribbonred - hair bow
Spellbinder: Shape Nested Pennants
stamp: the Greetings farm - sentiment - "CELEBRATE"
Stampin' Up: Framelits Bitty Banners

Entering this into the following challenges:

A Blog Named Hero Ch12 Tag You're It unlim flap below the front is my tag with sentiment 9/15-26
Celebrate the Occasion Ch82 Sports not sure if Hula Hooping is a sport or not 9/25-30
Kraft Journal Clean & Simple Ch unlim 9/24-30 
Paper Issues Fall'n for Flair Anything Goes Ch unlim 9/23-10/6   
Party Time Tues PTT87 Anything Goes 9/25
Pause Dream Enjoy Ch38 Recess 9/21-27

11 comments:

  1. Love this card, I was quite good at this sport...many,many years ago, hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, this is a really cute card and I love the colour scheme! Thanks for playing at Pause Dream Enjoy challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout with the banners and the red. Love it! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Lovely Card!!Very Sweet!TFS
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card! I'm a Brownie leader and my girls love hula hoops!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love to hula hoop! I won the contest when I was growing up! Not so sure I could now though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always pretty shocked when little girls at my school don't know what the hula hoop is for! Where they come from, Mars? For Christ's Sake... Great card you've made, reminds me of my childhood. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!
    Love the little girl hula hooping :)
    Thanks forJoining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the red hula hoop, such a fun card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Sports Anyone" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete