Tabs at Top of Blog

Friday, August 1, 2014

Flyin Hi Friend DP DT Card

Click here to enter Doodle Pantry Aug Digital Challenge 49.

Created this Friend Card using Doodle Pantry digi, Flyin Hi.

Some of you may know that I tell people I cannot ride a bicycle unless it is a tandem bicycle but I can pilot a single-engine plane. Yes, I never learned to ride a regular bicycle and not going to now; that's my story & I'm sticking to it. When I grew up in FL I had a friend that had a Grumman American single-engine small plane. I helped fly it from FL to San Luis Obispo, CA. Also helped this same friend build a Pitts Biplane from a kit and went to the air show in Oskosh, Wisconsin. So, the pilot in me wanted to make this card and give it the gold glam look.

Changed the plane digi to antique color for gold glam look. Stamped the framing border. Scanned the stamped framing border. On computer placed the airplane in the scanned stamped image as well as the digi sentiment. Took a couple tries before I got it to look like this.

Added gold glitter cardstock, lace, sequins



















Supplies List 


digi: Doodle Pantry Flyin Hi
ink: Delicata Golden Glitz
lace: the Paper Studio Ecru Lace Doily
paper:  the Paper Studio Basic Damask Yellow/White  cardstock - gold glitter, yellows, white
sequin: gold
stamp: Glitz love games - framing
Stampin' Up: punch - Modern Label, stamp - Priority Mail

Entering this into the following challenges:

8/4 Clear It Out Sunshine & Summer Theme: Yellows Stash: Yellow things 3E(#1) 7/29 

8/5 C.R.A.F.T. Ch270 Wish You Were Here 5E(#2) 7/31

8/31 Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Ch UE 8/1 
 8/31 DL.ART Aug Linky Ch Anything Goes 1Eperday 8/1

6 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous card Melissa I love the color and design. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART August linky party, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card - I like how it opens very much - have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! I love how you made it open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gate fold card, love the colours and lace Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete