Tabs at Top of Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Kraft w/ Flower Cut-Out Gift Box

Had a successful yard sale today. I organize the yard sale for my homeowner's association each Spring getting everyone permits & placing free ads in online newspaper & Craig's List. Had rained a lot last night but no rain today. Sold both my former Cricut machines (Cricut Expression 2 & one that preceded the Exp 2; I'm enjoying my new Cricut Explore Air), cards, all my Stampin' Up stamps I had for sale along with SU blocks in a case (do not need the blocks anymore now that I have the MISTI tool), and much more.

Created this box using Cricut cartridge Fancy Boxes that I bought at a Michaels Grand Opening last Sun for 50% off.

Used Kraft cardstock for the box with light blue panels that I embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots behind the flower cut out areas. Colored the leaf areas with a marker.

Stamped Hero Arts sentiment. Added gift of some candy inside for a friend. Added twine.

























Supplies List 


Cricut cartridge: Fancy Boxes p37 10" (not real dial size)
   measured w/ ruler is just a bit over 3 1/4" height to peak once assembled
embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots emb folder - used on blue panels inside 
   seen thru the flower cut out areas
ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
machine:  Cricut Explore Air
paper: cardstock - Kraft, blue
Simon Says Stamp: die - Bundle of Stitched Shapes - sentiment tag
stamp: Hero Arts CL342 - sentiment
twine: blue/white 

Entering this into the following challenges:  

4/19 A Blog Named Hero Ch Embossing 5E(#5) combtot5ch 4/11 - Embossing Cuttlebug Swiss Dots emb folder

4/24 Suzy Bee's Ch#76 Anything Goes w/ Twist ... Use a Die or Punch   UE 4/18

4/25 Artistic Inspirations Ch#129 Anything Goes w/ Twist of Spring UE 4/13  Spring - Flower Cut-Out
4/25 Inky Chicks Ch#49 Stitching (real or faux)  UE 4/7 

4/30 Cardz TV 3D Des Ch#7 Flowers 3E(#2) 4/17

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous box, Melissa!! I'm glad your yard sale went well!! I need to sell my older Cricuts, too. They are just taking up space. Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely box and tag thanks for sharing with SBBC Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise x

    ReplyDelete