Tabs at Top of Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

April Showers Tag

Here in Central TX we have had April showers.

My part-time/seasonal plant nursery job at Calloway's Nursery will be ending mid May. My responsibilities are: to water the plants & flowers outside front of store & inside store, take care of stocking & arranging new plants & flowers in the inside nursery area, answer questions for customers if I know or get someone to help if I do not know and cashier sometimes. While watering I wear a rain parka (had brought in mine at first but then they got some ordered for our use), wear rainboots so my socks do not get wet or less wet in some cases). I change out of the rainboots after watering into my work shoes & new pair of socks. I have learned the names of many plants & flowers I did not know before. I have learned to display the flowers by colors lightest to darkest: white first, pinks, orange, red & mix last.  

I have applied to some other places. Have had 2 interviews with one place and will find out end of this week if offered a position so I'll hold off announcing so as to not jinx it.

Photographed the tag I created with some African Daisies I rescued that were being tossed out at Calloway's Nursery; so they were free for the taking. Planted them and they are blooming nicely. 





























    Supplies List 

Crayola: pencil colors
Cricut cartridge: April Showers   2.7" a 1.3" Umbrella April Showers
Die-Namics: die - Tag Stax
Glossy accents: used on the raindrops of the Cricut image
ink: VersaFine Onyx Black 
machine:  Cricut Explore Air, Sizzix BIGkick
paper: cardstock - blues, white   scrapbook - pattern with April showers theme
ribbon: Dashes & Dots flowers
stamp/die: Paper Smooches Spectrum/Spectrum Icons - rainbow
tool: MISTI 

Entering this into the following challenges:


4/23   Simon Says Stamp Mon Splash It On - Water     5E(#1)   4/17

4/25   Simon Says Stamp Wed Showers and/or Flowers      5E(#1)   4/19

4/26   DLART Thankful Thurs Ch202 April showers or TY    no stack   3E(#1)   4/13

4/27   Dies R Us Ch71 Tags   3E(#3)   4/14





4/28   Paper Smooches Apr Ch Showers   UE   4/1
































4/30   Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Apr 2017 Ch   UE  4/1
4/30   DLART Apr Linky Ch   1Eperday no stacking   4/1
4/30   Fantabulous Cricut Ch#299 Spring   3E(#1)   4/17

5/20   Simon Says Stamp Work It Wed Apr 2017   Apr Showers bring May Flowers   3E(#1)   4/19

9 comments:

  1. Your tag is so sweet! How wonderful that you were able to learn so many new things at your nursery job. Good luck with your job search :) Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute tag!! Fingers crossed you get the job. I am a certified floral designer and I love working & learning about flowers/plantings! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Tags’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tag and beautiful plant that you rescued! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love the fun ribbon you used. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delicate cut. I love the sentiment and rainbow tag topper. Thanks for playing at FCCB Dorlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute tag, love the rainbow! Thank you for joining us at FCCB! Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty and very soft. Love the delicate look. Thank you for Splashing It On with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tag- I love that rainbow stamp! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with our April challenge! I hope you play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete