Tabs at Top of Blog

Friday, April 28, 2017

You Warm My Heart Coffee Theme Card & Info on New Job at end

This is a Coffee Theme card.






















    Supplies List 

Die-Namics: die - Tag Stax
ink:  ColorBox Frost White
machine:  Sizzix BIGkick
paper: cardstock - Kraft Coffee 
ribbon: pink
Spellbinder: die - Nest Classic Circle, Shape Banner
stamp: My Favorite Things Perk Up - sentiment
Tim Holtz:  embossing - On The Go emb folder   paper - cardstock - navy, pink
   tool - sander
tool: MISTI 

Entering this into the following challenges:


4/30   Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Apr 2017 Ch   UE  4/1

5/1    Cuttlebug Mania Ch A Cuppa Tea or Coffee   3E(#3)   4/18





5/2   CAS-ual Fri Ch CF172 Color Ch   Use Pink, Navy & White   UE   4/21















5/2   Mod Squad Ch Love Theme    3E(#3)   4/26

5/2    Simon Says Stamp Wed Anything Goes       5E(#3)   4/26


Update on my new job. 

I was to originally work till May 12 at my part-time/seasonal job at plant nursery, Calloway's Nursery. 

I had applied to couple jobs. One was an art store that I had applied to last year and I found out that the application was never given to the mgr. Well, when I saw the sign for hiring go back up I reapplied. The mgr needed someone immediately and I would need to give a 2 week notice so I lost out on that one. Other jobs I applied to were: Cheesecake Factory, Hallmark, Hobby Lobby, Home Depot & Kroger. Cheesecake Factory emailed me that I did not have prior restaurant experience. Applied to Hallmark even though there was no indication of any openings since I had prior Hallmark experience. Did not get a contact email from Home Depot for an interview. Went to an open interview that Kroger was advertising to find out that they had no open interviews even though they had flyers advertising it for every Tues at 11am & 5pm. Also was told they had no openings. 

A mgr from Hallmark phoned me and asked me in for an interview. Interview went well and then I received a phone call to come in for a follow-up interview with the owner of the Hallmark stores. Had follow-up interview. Was told I would hear back last wk. Thurs came & went. Fri came & went. Late Sat I got a phone call & voice message to call the mgr. Phoned back & the mgr told me that she was making me an offer for a position and could I come in to fill out form for background check. I filled out form. Figured since I had had a background check at Calloway's there would be no problem and that it should take couple days or 1-2 weeks. 

Gave 2 week notice to Calloway's Nursery so last day there is Fri May 5.

Was phoned that background check had passed and that I would receive paperwork via email for employee number processing, direct deposit and handbook, etc. to read. Received everything, read everything, filled out, electronic signed & submitted. Mgr said she would contact me next week to possibly start Sat May 6. The position is part retail, part manager (manager training for future) & part computer. The best of 3 worlds. I have a computer science background (B.S. degree & years in computer science programming & management).  

So, if you have read this far you know my new job is with Hallmark. The Hallmark I use to work for was an independent smaller store. This store is larger & more upscale. Customers are in the business profession mostly since it is located in the West corridor of Plano. 

So, out of my comfort zone to work at Calloway's Nursery which has been an interesting job to go into something familiar & exciting like Hallmark.

My crafting will be limited still but I'll not have to wake up early for Calloway's Nursery hours 7am. What I missed the most since starting at Calloway's Nursery was walking my dog, Daisy, in morning. I'll be able to do that again since I will not have to go in as early.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job! Very nice Coffee card theme here - like the embossing folder - which I think I have - I need to use it! LOL - have a blessed weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embossed coffee cups and the fun tag. The new job sound perfect for you. Thank you for joining the DL.ART April Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love how you sanded the embossed background too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    Cuttlebug Mania DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card that is one of my fave embossing folders. Congrats on your new job!! I was wondering yesterday if you had heard anything yet? I am looking for a new linky , because a couple of other blogs had the same problem.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. I am sure Daisy will love the new hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Congrats on your new job!!!! You've made another beautiful card here! So happy for you! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous coffee mug background, great card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete